Why, you ask?
1. Wonderful reading last night in honor of Apparatus Magazine’s one year anniversary. I read with quite a diverse bunch of poets – good company, good cause (part of the night’s proceeds went to the Gerber-Hart Library), and good poems. Congrats to publisher/editor Adam W. Hart on a great magazine – many more years to come, I hope.
2. My poem “The Monsters Receive Their Briefing on Millennium Park” is up at qarrtsiluni. Take a listen, leave a comment, or download the poem on their iTunes podcast.
3. One of my photographs will be used for the Summer issue of The Furnace Review.
4. One of my animal poems, revised from NaPoWriMo, will be in Bestiary Magazine, a new endeavor run by Chicago folks using Magcloud.
5. I have written three new poems in the last 6 days – and I actually like all of the drafts.
6. I have read 7 books in the last six days. Bliss.
7. Today is my 26th wedding anniversary and I have the best husband in the world. (I know, that’s not writing-related, but his support affords me the luxury of pursuing my passion.)